Our free Water-Wise Evaluations are open to water account holders, property owners and managers, and, in some cases, tenants of properties in our retail service area. We can help identify costly leaks, replace inefficient fixtures and provide tips for more efficient indoor and outdoor use.
To schedule an evaluation, contact our Water Conservation Section at (415) 551-4730 or email email@example.com.
We conduct evaluations Monday through Friday between 8 am and 4 pm. Single-family and small multi-family and commercial evaluations take about 1-2 hours. Larger multi-family and non-residential evaluations will usually require a half or full day.
Please provide the following information when scheduling your evaluation:
- Your name, water account number, property address, phone number, email address and the contact person who will be present the day of the evaluation
- Number of bathrooms and toilets in the property and the estimated number of toilets installed before 1994
- Number of floors, dwelling units and when applicable, types and locations businesses
- Outdoor landscaping: the approximate square footage of the irrigated landscape and whether it is watered by hand or by an irrigation system
- Particular water use issues you may be experiencing (i.e. leaks, sudden increase in water use, etc.)
During your Water-Wise Evaluation, a water-efficiency technician will:
- Review the property’s water use and discuss water reduction goals
- Check as many indoor plumbing fixtures and water-using appliances for leaks and water efficiency as time permits
- Provide, and in some cases install, free devices and materials, including water-efficient showerheads, faucet aerators, spray nozzles and standard toilet repair parts to fix common leaks
- Inspect any irrigated landscaping and provide tips for efficient outdoor water use
- Provide information on water-saving rebates/incentives you may be eligible for
- Email you a customized report of the findings